National Anti Doping Laboratory is accredited by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) which is reviewed on yearly basis. The Agency delivers the accreditation certificate under the following conditions:
- ISO 17025 accreditation applicable to testing laboratories. This accreditation was granted to NDTL by the National Accreditation Board for Calibration & Testing Laboratory (NABL) in 2003.
- Compliance with the WADA International Standards for Laboratories (ISL).
- Successful completion of all proficiency testing programmes.
- World Anti Doping Agency (WADA)NDTL, India is participating in the proficiency testing rounds of WADA since 2006 which is now named as WADA External Quality Assurance Scheme (EQAS).
- World Association of Anti Doping scientists (WAADS):The World Association of Anti doping Scientists was formed in the year 2000. NDTL is participating in the proficiency testing rounds of WAADS since 2004.Dr. Shila Jain and Dr. Alka Beotra are members of WAADS since 2004.
- College of American Pathologists (CAP) :The NDTL, India is participating in the CAP PT programme since 2004 for the drugs in the category of Stimulants and Narcotics.
- Swiss Center for Quality Control (CSCQ)The NDTL, India is participating in Proficiency Testing organised by CSCQ since 2010 for the Blood Parameters
The lab is testing samples of national and international events with the target of testing 7000 samples (approx.) in the year. First International Testing by the Lab. was done in collaboration with MBC Lab, Tokyo during the year 2003, (First Afro Asian Games held in Hyderabad, India) wherein 313 samples were analysed. The lab got temporary accreditation of International Olympic Committee (IOC) to conduct testing for the Games in Collaboration with WADA accredited Lab of Tokyo, Japan.
NDTL has state of the art facilities for research and is engaged in conducting research on various projects. The research papers are being presented in the International and National conferences and published in indexed journals.